Whistleblower News 4
We will see things manifest soon until then keep this information moving to everyone folks! July 18/17
Marc Morano of Climate Depot says that the increase in vitriol is a sign that the global warming narrative is losing steam. […]
Tucker Carlson says that the SPLC is a corrupt group that seeks to raise a lot of money, yet mainstream media outlets take them seriously and pretend that they are legitimate. […]
IRS executives said their lives were at risk in the Tea Party targeting case, implying that their corruption is so great that it would make taxpayers want to kill them. […]
Most people are more influenced by the comments section than the article, so Google and Disqus aim to shut down speech that is critical of leftist and collectivist ideas. […]
A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE GLOBAL COLLATERAL ACCOUNTS AND KEENAN’S EFFORTS TO FREE THEM posted Sept 8/17
by Michael Henry Dunn
June 8, 2013
The history behind the Global Collateral Accounts is vast and complex, and reaches back some 250 years. For the purposes of this brief overview, we will focus on two key elements which are now headlining stories around the world: debt, and gold.
The Western banking oligarchy’s current global control can be traced back to the Rothschild family’s dominance of international banking in the early years of the 19th century. The long-term strategy of the elite banking and royal bloodline families was simple: gain control of the global gold supply in order to maintain power through the control of global currency and its underlying collateral. Gold and Debt – that is the essence of this story.
Where Did the Gold Come from and to Whom Does It Belong?
For two thousand years, the gold of the world flowed east toward China, along the Silk Road, from the Roman Empire, on through to the Byzantine and the Spanish, in exchange for the silks, spices, and treasures of the East. When the bankers of Europe decided to seek control of the world financial system, control of this gold became essential.
Who created the Global Collateral Accounts and why?
Operation Golden Lily is the well-documented story of the Japanese gold-collecting teams, which infiltrated key gold-holding nations well in advance of the military invasions of China and other nations, with the express intent of seizing the hundreds of thousands of metric tons of gold that had accumulated in Asia (primarily in China). The Nazi gold-collecting system is well-known, but the Japanese accumulated a far greater hoard, with the knowledge and cooperation of certain European banking interests.
Where is the gold and how did it get there?
The “official” total for the entire amount of gold said to be above ground since humanity first began mining the precious metal is approximately 160,000 metric tons. Evidence now indicates that a more accurate figure is well in excess of two million metric tons. During World War Two, the Japanese dug tunnels and bunkers throughout Southeast Asia to store the gold – primarily in Indonesia, Thailand, and The Phillipines. After the war, the gold was discovered by the Allies, and was incorporated into a system set up by the European central bankers before the war for this very purpose. The exact total of the wealth in the off-ledger accounts is not known, but is said to be in the thousands of trillions of dollars in gold, platinum, and gems, in addition to an undetermined amount in Federal Reserve notes and other currencies.
How did the nations come to agree that the Accounts were to be used for humanitarian programs?
At the Bretton Woods Conference in 1944, when the soon-to-be-victorious Allies met to create a new global financial system, the International Monetary Fund was created. In the late 1940’s, President Sukarno of Indonesia was appointed monetary controller of behalf of the depositors to monitor and implement the Global Accounts for redevelopment purposes.
How did the banking elite abuse the Accounts?
The central banking families had already put in place essential structures to seize and control this wealth: the Bank of International Settlements, the International Monetary Fund, the Council on Foreign Relations, and the United Nations, all of which were funded by elite banking figures, including the Rockefellers and Warburgs. The agreements to use the funds for development were neglected, and the banking elite proceeded to use them for their own ends, blocking the depositors from access. President Sukarno of Indonesia had been appointed “M1” or Monetary Controller of the Accounts (as much of the assets are stored in hidden bunkers in Indonesia), but he was removed from power after making a deal with John F. Kennedy to use the funds to back new U.S. Treasury dollars, in a direct move against the central bankers’ power. Kennedy’s assassination prevented this move from succeeding.
The central bankers put in place a system that allows the Federal Reserve to block anyone but banking elite insiders from using the Accounts, thus blocking the actual owners – the depositors – from utilizing the assets for humanitarian programs, as originally intended.
Who is Neil Keenan and what is his relationship to the Global Accounts?
The emergence of Neil Keenan at the cutting edge of these events can be traced to the theft in 2009 by Vatican financial insider Daniele dal Bosco of $144.5 billion in Federal Reserve notes which were entrusted to Mr. Keenan by the Dragon Family, the group of ancient wealthy clans in Asia who are the legitimate owners of vast amounts of gold in the off-ledger Global Accounts. The Dragon Family has been attempting for decades to utilize the Accounts for their originally intended purpose, and sought out Keenan’s help because of his reputation as a well-connected, tough-minded international businessman. The story of this theft, and of Mr. Keenan’s filing of a trillion-dollar lawsuit against elite figures and institutions (including the United Nations, the World Economic Forum, The World Bank, the Italian government, the Italian Financial Police, Silvio Berlusconi, and others) was first revealed by Benjamin Fulford, former Forbes Magazine financial editor for Asia, who traveled to Italy to conduct initial investigations, where an attempt was made on his life. The story was then taken up by best-selling author David Wilcock (who then also received death threats), confirming the story in an investigative article on his influential blog. The 110-page lawsuit, first filed in New York federal court, can be viewed at this link.
In addition to his lawsuit (which he subsequently withdrew in order to re-file in a more effective jurisdiction), Keenan also filed a Cease and Desist order on behalf of the Dragon Family against a Who’s Who of the cabal power structure, putting them on notice that they were defrauding the Global Accounts, and would be prosecuted for any further fraud. This Cease and Desist names George Herbert Walker Bush, George W Bush, Queen Elizabeth II, the United Nations, Ban Ki Moon, David Rockefeller, Hillary Clinton, and a host of other world figures and organizations who are in the inner circle of the cabal.
The bonds which were stolen from Mr. Keenan were Federal Reserve notes given to the Dragon Family in payment for the gold deposited in the Accounts – notes which the Federal Reserve continually blocked from utilization. Mr. Keenan’s lawsuit represents the first formidable attempt to defeat this theft.
As may be expected, his life is in danger. He has survived four assassination attempts to date, and now has protection in place from numerous allies around the world. Mr. Keenan is currently in Indonesia, finalizing agreements with the Indonesian elders, and Chinese officials holding lineal claim to the majority of the assets in the Accounts.
Mr. Keenan is in possession of key documents, such as the original of the Green Hilton Memorial Agreement between Kennedy and Sukarno, and the “Black Book,” secret records of the Accounts. Numerous other pieces of evidence can be provided. In addition to Mr. Keenan’s participation, other key players may be brought to the table as part of the interview process, including Indonesians involved in the guardianship of the Assets, powerful Asian financial officials, and others. We propose immediate discussions to explore this possibility.
Michael Henry Dunn www.neilkeenan.com
An academic journal called Whiteness and Education that published an article that declares “white neurosis and white fragility” have become “widespread phenomena” in the US. […]
The Program has been kept afloat from ‘loans’ from the Treasury, which means it will never be paid back except by citizens in the form of higher taxes and inflation. […]
Police in Calgary advised parents that if their children listen to “loud, heavy rock music with violent lyrics” they may be part of a hate group. […]
All groups are targeted: left, right, all races and religions. The goal is to create hatred and violence between them, an old strategy called divide and conquer. […]
The researchers did not suggest giving the “love drug” to the male immigrants, only to those who were not happy about what the male immigrants were doing. […]
The law gives the Washington Metrorail Safety Commission, located in Virginia, Maryland and Washington, DC, the power to enter property without a warrant. […]
Young white girls are being groomed by gangs of predominantly Pakistani men who rape them on an “industrial scale” because law enforcement fails to prosecute the men. […]
Corrupt Global Charity posted Sept 1/17
Note from Roy: Some of the best relief organizations include Tzu Chi http://www.tzuchi.us/ , Oxfam https://www.oxfamamerica.org/explore/stories/how-to-help-those-affected-by-hurricane-harvey/ , and Salvation Army http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/ . With these organizations, your money will actually go to helping the people in need instead of enriching corrupt bureaucracies.
Don’t Trust the Red Cross! 10 Ways YOU Can Help Harvey Victims Without Enriching Scammers!
It is time to strike while the iron is hot. Media coverage of the devastation in Texas is at a peak right now and history shows us that people will help when they see it on TV.
However, when coverage stops, so does most of the support. Knowing this, it is time to make your move and show your support to your fellow humans who are suffering dearly right now after being hit by one of the worst storms in US history.
But, before you simply click the link and donate to the Red Cross, you should know their history and know there are far better ways to help.
The Red Cross is no stranger to scandal. Putting them on the corruption map was their reaction to the catastrophic earthquake in Haiti.
In 2010, hundreds of thousands of Haitians lost their lives in a tragic earthquake. Gail McGovern, the Red Cross’ CEO, and her staff quickly responded with a massive marketing push to raise funds.
They received countless celebrity endorsements and even President Obama jumped on the train. In just a few days, they raised a half a billion dollars.
However, of that half billion, the Red Cross kept $125 million for themselves and didn’t disclose it until they were investigated.
An investigation later revealed that the rest of the money the Red Cross spent in Haiti resulted in just six permanent homes, NPR and ProPublica found.
But that’s not all. The Red Cross’ response to Katrina was so horrific that some observers noted they were on the verge of criminal wrongdoing.
Years later in 2012, it failed again for Superstorm Sandy and Hurricane Isaac.
The response was “worse than the storm,” one Red Cross driver told ProPublica during its jaw-dropping investigation.
The Red Cross was more concerned with their public image than helping the storm victims so much so that they ordered employees to drive around empty trucks to make it appear like they were responding.
“We were sent way down on the Gulf with nothing to give,” the driver said.
But that’s not all. Fast forward to 2016 and the Red Cross was responding to the 1000-year flood in Louisiana.
Despite Nancy Malone, a spokeswoman for the Red Cross, saying that it was misinformation, there were countless reports of Red Cross stations turning down donations of supplies.
Wheel chairs, crutches, canes, diabetic supplies and other goods like clothes and water, were just some of the supplies refused by the Red Cross.
What’s more, when they did take donations during the flood, many of them were reported for throwing them away.
As Justin Elliott notes, writing for Pro Publica, the Red Cross stopped helping people once it was taken over by a team of former AT&T executives who tried to turn it into a profit machine instead of a charity.
As part of her effort to run the Red Cross more like a business, McGovern recruited more than 10 former AT&T executives to top positions.
The move stirred resentment inside the organization, with some longtime Red Cross hands referring to the charity as the “AT&T retirement program.”
McGovern laid out a vision to increase revenue through “consolidated, powerful, breathtaking marketing.”
“This is a brand to die for,” she often said.
The bottom line is that the Red Cross has become a massively centralized bureaucracy that is seemingly more concerned with self-preservation and corporate salaries than they are helping victims of natural disasters.
So, where can you go to help? Well, the answer is not simply donating to a single company who may or may not use that money to help victims.
Luckily, there are smaller organizations—far more transparent than the Red Cross—who specialize in certain areas that you can choose to fund.
Below is a list of 10 ways you can help the victims of Harvey.
If you want to help the those who can’t help themselves, Portlight Strategies is working to help to help older adults and those with disabilities. Donate here.
The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals of Texas is helping displaced animals. You can donate at www.spca.org/give or sign up to adopt a displaced animal at www.spca.org/foster.
Austin Pets Alive, which transferred more than 200 pets to its shelter as of Saturday morning, is also seeking help, as are the Animal Defense League of Texas and the Houston Humane Society.
If you see a stranded marine animal, call the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Southeast Regional Office at 1-877-942-5343.
Because these aid efforts will be prolonged for months or even years, it is best to give cash so it can be determined how to be spent in the future, which is unknown.
However, if you only have supplies, donate food or cash to food banks in your area. Or you can donate to Feeding Texas, a network of food banks across the state. Find your local food bank here.
The Salvation Army says it is providing food and water to first responders and preparing for massive feeding efforts for residents.
Unlike their competition, the Salvation Army has a history of giving back as much as possible. Donate here.
You can give blood. Outside of the Red Cross blood drives, there are also local organizations accepting blood donations, such as Carter BloodCare and the South Texas Blood & Tissue Center.
The Texas Diaper Bank, based in San Antonio, works to meet the basic needs of vulnerable babies, children with disabilities, and seniors.
It focuses on providing partner agencies with diapers and goods. Donate here.
Have no cash and no supplies, but lots of time? Volunteer.
Volunteer Houston has launched a VIRTUAL Volunteer Reception Center to aid nonprofits and agencies in finding and deploying people to hard-site areas.
The Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund set up by Houston’s mayor, Sylvester Turner, and administered by the Greater Houston Community Foundation is also helping victims. Donate here.
If you want to help children with complex medical needs you can give to the organization Little Lobbyists. Donate here.
If none of the above fit your donation fancy, then perhaps you can try GoFundMe.
The crowd sourced group has compiled a list of Harvey Relief Efforts that allow you to pick individual cities, families or homes. You can view the list here.
Please share this article with your friends and family to show how they can really make their donations count—instead of padding executive salaries and massive marketing budgets.
By Matt Agorist, Guest author
Ex Cia agent whistleblower shares truths! posted Aug 29/17
The Admiralty Court Exists Because
the U.S. is Under Martial law
This Awareness* wishes briefly to remind entities that the admiralty court is the court in which the gold braid goes around the American Flag which indicates the court is under martial law, or under admiralty law, from the martial law since Abraham Lincoln’s executive order putting it under martial law, and in order to continue staying under martial law, the country has to have some kind of war every two years. Thus, the war on drugs, the war on poverty, et cetera, and the admiralty laws are used in the courts in such a way that they are not necessarily tied to the Constitution, although the Constitution is said to be the law of the land.
This Awareness indicates that when Lincoln was assassinated, no one thought to put an end to this declaration of martial law because of the Civil War and because the martial law has continued up to this time, from the time of the Civil War, the nation can be directed by what is called Admiralty Law or martial law by simply a command of the President or the authority of the land or his agents.
It is not even required by Admiralty Law that Congress conduct proceedings to make laws. The Admiralty Law can provide statutes, which are called statutory laws, while the country is under Admiralty or martial law, but the Admiralty or martial law must come to an end eventually, in which it much either end or be reinstated. Thus, entities will find a new effort to create martial law in this country again. It may be martial law against what is termed a crime wave, even though crime has decreased two years in a row and has not increased much in the past several years.
“A country cannot be both ignorant and free…”
For example, they may find that a crisis lets them circumvent rules or laws that are protected by Constitutional principles so that they break the Constitution by following procedures in the activity of a disguise of helping out in a crisis. The emergency acts often set aside laws and once a law is set aside for an emergency, it may be left sitting aside.
For example, Abraham Lincoln declared martial law during the Civil War. Martial law has not been lifted yet from his declaration of martial law, over a hundred years ago. This Awareness indicates that any time entities in power want to do something that is illegal under the Constitution, they go simply ahead with it under the principle of the martial law declared by Lincoln. That is how the Executive Orders are presented. They are Executive Orders based on martial law that has not been lifted. This is also referred to as admiralty law.
Thus you have, in one period, a war on poverty. A few years later you have a war on drugs. And there are more and more of these wars occurring every two years. Otherwise, Martial Law would have to be canceled and you would be back under the Constitution, and your freedoms could be restored. You could then plead Constitutional Rights in courts of law. However, at present, the courts of law are following Admiralty Law, and therefore, if you plead Constitutional Rights in court, you are not likely to get anywhere.
Since March 9, 1933, the United States has been in a state of declared national emergency. In fact, there are now in effect four presidentially-proclaimed states of national emergency: In addition to the national emergency declared by President Roosevelt in 1933, there are also the national emergency proclaimed by President Truman on December 16, 1950, during the Korean conflict, and the states of national emergency declared by President Nixon on March 23, 1970, and August 15, 1971.
Ooooops….and here comes for your entertainment “A Letter to the Sheeple”
Thus Constitutional Rights only count when you get up into the Supreme Court, for there is a tendency to continue to use the Constitutional law in the Supreme Court because they do not want the people to know that the Constitution has been superseded by Admiralty Law. This Awareness indicates that therefore, the Supreme Court will often rule if there is a constitutional discrepancy, so that the lower laws are supposed to follow the Constitution, and yet, entering into a court of law, arguing with the Constitution, seldom is beneficial to an entity because they will say the entity is in the wrong jurisdiction in this court.
They do not recognize your Constitutional Law in the jurisdiction of an Admiralty setting or court, and therefore, they will rule against you, This is the purpose of lawyers. They are clearly aware of their role in the Admiralty court, because you are not in the right jurisdiction for such.
- “The Law”!
- THE LAWYER’S SECRET OATH
- Secret Courts – Secret Law
- The admiralty law, like any military law, has its own set of rules. This Awareness indicates it is also likened unto a corporation, which has its rules or laws, and when the laws of a corporation affect an entity in a way that is contrary to his or her Constitutional laws, then the entity can sue the corporation and rely on the Constitution, but this is often ignored by the corporations and most entities do not have the funds necessary to follow through to sue a corporation in order to have the Constitutional rights adjudicated.
- The Federal Government in D.C. a Corporation from England
- This Awareness indicates that likewise, the corporation that is the Federal government in Washington D.C., which was incorporated in the last century in London, England, which the Freeman have pointed out has its rules; these are the Federal statutes and so forth; and these too are designed for certain purposes but are required to follow the Constitution and if entities feel their Constitutional Rights have been violated by a Federal statute, they have the option of suing the Federal government and the statute for a constitutional ruling in the Supreme Court.
- This Awareness indicates however, the ability to follow a case through the Supreme Court to test a Federal statute is not always easy, nor is it inexpensive. It is very costly, and very difficult and may take years. This Awareness indicates that for these reasons, the Federal statutes are extremely difficult for entities to overrun, and by carrying on the martial law in this country and using the Federal statutes as law, the Constitution becomes less and less effective, because it becomes more and more expensive to use, and therefore, gradually, over periods of time, more and more statutes and more and more corporate rules had their effect over the masses to the point where entities begin to feel that they do not have any rights, and whereby even judges in courts of law dismiss and refuse to allow constitutional points of law to occur in their courts.
The Judicial System is Really to Protect the D.C. Corporation
Why should they allow constitutional points of law in their courts when they are actually military courts? This Awareness indicates that most entities think the judicial system is there to protect the rights of entities according to the Constitution, the law of the land, the Bill of Rights and so forth, but they are really there to keep order in society and to protect those who have the power and the money and to assure that no one disturbs the infrastructure of the corporation being promoted from London or the state rules and those that are promoted by the courts as military organizations.
The Press Works for those Who Promote the New World Order
This Awareness indicates the press of course works for the people who bring you the New World Order, who bring you the means by which this country will eventually be enslaved, and the press ins not going to promote clear and honest reporting on these kind of of issues. There are things from the Internet, that give some clear reporting. This Awareness indicates that in general, however, most people will only receive what the world planners want them to know, and therefore, they are not likely to get the full story.
A stroke of a Pen Could Create Martial Law
(Revelations of Awareness 94-5)
This Awareness indicates that this could occur at the stroke of a pen when the Constitution is discarded under martial law, which could occur any day that it is decided. This Awareness indicates that as soon as the people are disarmed, the martial law that has been in existence in this country since Lincoln will be publicly exposed and people will realize they no longer can use Constitutional claims, freedom, rights, and so forth, as a defense, and that they have no right to bear arms, they have no right to congregate, they have no freedom of speech, they have no rights in the courts of law to a fair trial by their peers.
They have no rights to prevent their homes from being searched. This Awareness indicates that the major block to martial law being announced is that there are some 70 million gun owners. Many of these entities being upright citizens and business people who do not consider it the business of government to enter in their homes, to take their weapons, and therefore, they are a danger to anyone who would violate the rights as given by the Constitution.
In other words the Federal government does not want the people to know yet they are under martial law, or that they are not protected by the Constitution for fear that if they were to discover this, it could start a civil war directed at the Federal government from this army of 70 million people, for there are only 3 million armed people in the military and police force in this country at this time.
“Government” working for the Rothschilds
(Revelations of Awareness 94-8)
This Awareness indicates that in a country where freedom of speech and other freedoms are allowed, entities have been killed for expressing or pursuing those freedoms. It is because this country is out of control in terms of the type of government, and who the government really is working for, because this government has not been working for the people for some time.
It has been working for the Rothschilds and other international bankers in their effort to create a New World Government, run by the United Nations, which is a Rothschild organization, which is an international banking organization. It is basically owned by the international bankers, established by them, set up by them, and influenced and basically controlled by them..
This Awareness indicates that it is time for the people to reclaim their inalienable rights that were given to them by the Divine, and handed to them through laws of the United States Constitution, the Magna Carta, and other documents from antiquity and historical situations wherein mankind fought, suffered, and died to win these freedoms.
Government’s “Crime Prevention”-
just another new way to confiscate the guns from U.S. citizens
This Awareness indicates in other words, the government has gotten into Crime prevention, by making the planning or the attempt to cause a crime a crime in itself. This Awareness indicates that this is also part of the reasoning behind the anti-gun movement, in which government sees that anyone having a gun, wherein the Constitution gives entities the right to bear arms, the government is saying:
“If we take away the guns, they cannot commit the crime, thus it is Crime Prevention. If we make it a crime to have the guns, then we make it a crime in a way that prevents crime from occurring.”
Thus, getting into Crime Prevention may go against the Constitution of the United states, but it would be to the benefit of the New World Order to be able to call any kind of potential violence a crime. They could even go further and restrict knives or bows and arrows, but this is not likely to occur. The ownership of bows and arrows however might eventually become a crime, because generally bows and arrows would be considered potentially violent in their use.
This Awareness indicates in other words, by creating a set of laws to prevent an entity from having the ability to commit a crime, is making it so that entities do not have to take responsibility for themselves. They only obey and are taken care of by the government and its laws. The Constitution put the burden on the individual to be a good citizen, whereas the New World Order is putting the burden on the individual to give up freedoms and to obey the government and its statutes and laws that do not guarantee freedoms.
This Awareness indicates the Constitution was concerned about the judgments and laws of King George and of government itself, and made it such that the people were in charge of the government. The Constitution was there to serve the people against an unruly tyrannical government to ensure that the government would never be able to set up a totalitarian control over the masses.
This has more or less neutralized, negated, and made obsolete, though they still pretend the Constitution has power. The agencies, particularly the Justice Branch of government and the executive Branch have total control over the people at this time. If a case is brought to a courthouse anywhere in the United States, and an entity attempts to use the Constitution as the arguments for protection, they will get nowhere in the effort, because the courts are not operating under the Constitution. They are operating under martial law, and as continued to the present.
Peterson says he is worried that we are building an ‘unconscious mind’ into the internet that will automatically censor things before they happen. […]
The women blamed the mainstream media, and Obama for aggravating racial tension over the past eight years by pursuing identity politics. […]
The Revolutionary Abolitionist Movement, an armed Antifa group, is calling for attacks against police, theft of goods, and armed insurrection. […]
The FBI gave the young man the means to make this happen. He has no job, no money, no vehicle, and no driver’s license due to the fact that he is schizophrenic. […]
Apple CEO Tim Cook pledged $2 million to the ADL and the SPLC, who have targeted conservatives for years and have applied the word “hate” to almost any point of view that is contrary to their leftist ideology. […]
Congressional aides say that the Awans were blackmailing representatives based on emails and other files extracted from their computers. […]
Bloggers depict their targets as evil people and publish everything needed to harass or injure them at home or place of employment. […]
Neither major party and very few individual politicians are interested in cleaning up the mess. They see vote fraud as a game that everyone plays and, to the winner, go the spoils. […]
George Soros and his friends in the Deep State are working to bring race war to America in order to impose martial law and destroy the Constitution. […]
Unite the Right was herded by police into a small area surrounded by Antifa which hurled balloons at them filled with urine, feces, and paint, shouting “Kill Nazis!” […]
They claim that its goal is to disrupt misinformation, but its real purpose is to censor truth coming from alternative media. […]
Israel’s top lobby, AIPAC, is paying for the vacations of 53 members of the US Congress while they are on their August break. […]
Watch his shocking investigation into the Franklin scandal that led all the way to the White House in the video, Conspiracy of Silence, featured here. […]
Australian airport authorities seized her phone, copied her emails, and told her she was banned from Australia. […]
Nearly half of Congress is trying to criminalize BDS, a boycott against Israel’s occupation of Palestinian territories, but 25,000 Democrat Socialists of America support the BDS campaign. […]
She says the company has monthly abortion quotas to meet funding targets, and that she witnessed the sale of baby bodies and parts even though prohibited by law. […]
BREAKING NEWS RELEASE posted Aug 6/17
Sunday August 6, 2017
New Covenant calls Christians out from fallen churches, proclaims “spiritual and political separation” from global corporatocracy
“Here We Stand” revives the spirit and aims of the Radical Reformation
Boston, Edinburgh – (Common Law News Service, 6/8/2017)
At special ceremonies today in Scotland and America, a new movement known as The Covenanters released a “spiritual battle cry” that summons all people to leave the Church of Rome and other “fallen churches”, and gather in separate spiritual and civil communities.
Entitled Here We Stand – Summoning God’s People in a Time of Judgement, the founding declaration of the Covenanters was issued on the eve of the 500th anniversary of the Reformation’s birth “to halt the spiritual absorption of free Christians into the demonic church of Rome”.
Here We Stand was read aloud at the historic sites where Scottish Covenanters and American Puritans declared a similar independence from Rome and the world during the 17th century.
According to Covenanter convener John Burke, who read the declaration outside the Greyfriars Kirk in Edinburgh where the 1638 Covenant was signed,
“We are the spiritual and lineal descendants of the Puritans who forged the American Republic and the Scottish Covenanters who broke free from papal and episcopal tyranny. We recognize that today, not only our faith but the survival and freedom of all people face extinction at the hands of a global, anti-Christ corporate culture spawned from Rome. We reject the genocidal one worldism of that culture. We will obey God rather than the murderous laws of such man made tyranny, by establishing our own Covenant and society of free born men and women under God’s own common law.”
Similar ceremonies were held by other groups of Covenanters in Boston and at sites in Ireland, Canada and England. The Covenanters will be launching public actions, reclamations and witnesses commencing in September.
A copy of Here We Stand is attached. It will be issued in hard copy versions this coming week through amazon.com.
Kevin Annett was re-nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2015. Messages for him can be left at 386-323-5774 (USA).
Kevin’s six latest books can be accessed and ordered at these sites:
Truth Tellers’ Shield: https://www.createspace.com/6534773
White People in Canada: https://www.createspace.com/6784355
Common Law Manual: https://www.createspace.com/6988697
LISTEN to Kevin’s weekly blog program “Radio Free Kanata” every Sunday at 3 pm pacific, 6 pm eastern time at www.bbsradio.com/radiofreekanata .
The complete Common Law Court proceedings of Genocide in Canada are found at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvhfXAd08TE – Common Law Court Proceedings – Genocide in Canada (Part One) – 1 hr. 46 mins.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPKFk_L7y9g– Common Law Court Proceedings – Genocide in Canada (Part Two) – 1 hr. 47 mins.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ormOIlOi4Vc – Final Court Verdict and Sentencing – 8 mins. 30 secs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IylfBxm3sMg – Authorizations and Endorsements of ITCCS/Kevin Annett by indigenous eyewitnesses – 10 mins.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CReISnQDbBE – Irene Favel, Eyewitness to the incineration of a newborn baby by a priest at Muscowegan Catholic Indian school, Saskatchewan, 1944
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBUd3UXt6fI – Other key testimonies from our Court case against genocide in Canada
The first excavation at a mass grave residential school site: Mohawk school, 2011
Here is the video that triggered Youtube’s actions: A professor in Canada who refuses to use gender-neutral pronouns and criticizes social justice issues was banned from using his Google and YouTube accounts Tuesday, regaining access hours […]
YouTube, which is owned by Google, is placing restrictions on videos that comply with its official policies but which it feels are contrary to political correctness. […]
Even paper ballots are at risk if they are counted by machines. The only reliable method of preventing vote-machine fraud is to use paper ballots counted by hand in public with many observers. […]
Folks the TDA truths in Canada are the governments on all levels have been prevented from accessing funds the same way they did in the past with Basel Nesara banking changes. Now they are illegally accessing peoples Canadian Pension Plans to pay for disability benefits against there will permission. While bullying and blackmailing recipients. I can testify to this in BC. Tami posted July 31/17
Clinton authorized the building of nuclear reactors in North Korea that can create fissionable material for atomic bombs. […]
People will be imprisoned, not because they commit a crime, but because a computer thinks they will do so in the future or – more to the point – because a member of the ruling oligarchy says a computer has done so. […]
Here is a look at events in history that show an amazing parallel to current vents. Riots are political theater. Events in history show an amazing parallel to current events. Staged rallies are used to sway public officials. Riots are political theater. […]
Since very few of these criminal acts are punished or even investigated, it is clear that the political oligarchy has no interest in reform. Being able to rig elections is the holy grail of collectivists everywhere. […]
Although the news report does not say, this meddling has been done equally under Republican and Democrat administrations. […]
John Brennan said that if President Trump tries to fire special counsel Robert Mueller, government officials should refuse to follow the president’s orders, advocating a coup d’état under the intelligence community. […]
The secret inside your phone: Cellphone safety and testing – Marketplace posted July 26/17
Protecting Journalistic Integrity Manual! Posted July 24/17
Online Privacy Guide for Journalists 2017
You can see the eBook PDF-version of this guide here.
Many veteran journalists, but not only these, surely noticed that we are all of a sudden bombarded again from all-over with mentions of Watergate. Books like George Orwell’s 1984 are on display at bookstores and an air of danger to freedom of speech and freedom of the press is spreading slowly like a dark cloud over the Western Hemisphere, raising old fears.
When an American serving president accuses a former president of surveillance; when he prevents central US media outlets access – so far always granted, and taken for granted – to press conferences he holds; and when he incessantly knocks and accuses the media of being the country’s enemy number one, it isn’t surprising that memories of President Nixon surface up more with every self-pitying tweet about SNL, and that even Republican Senators such as John McCain express fear for the future of democracy.
And McCain is not alone. Many journalists whom I have spoken with recently, expressed concern for whatever lays ahead for the freedom of the press. At a time when it’s possible to express the following statement – “Donald Trump controls the NSA” – and not be held a liar, anything’s possible. Add that to the fact that recent news on CIA taught us that almost all encryption systems can be compromised, if someone has the perseverance to crack them – and you are en route to envisioning an utterly Dystopian world, where you cannot even get too comfortable laying on your sofa, in front of your own smart TV.
The good news is that it is nevertheless possible to make it difficult for anyone to try and intercept your emails, the text messages you’re sending or your phone calls. You can take measures to make the lives of those who want to uncover your sources and the information being revealed to you, much harder. Of course, the degree of effort you’re prepared to take to protect your privacy, your sources’ anonymity and your data’s safety, should be commensurate to the likelihood of a real threat, be that hacking or spying.
“The old-fashioned promises – I’m not going to reveal my source’s identity or give up my notes – are kind of empty if you’re not taking steps to protect your information digitally”, says Barton Gellman of the Washington Post, whose source, former NSA contractor Edward Snowden, helped uncover the scope of the NSA’s and British GCHQ’s operations, to his interviewer Tony Loci. Loci herself, who covered American judicial system for AP, The Washington Post and USA Today, and was herself held in contempt of court for refusing to identify sources, would probably endorse that.
So, what is it that needs to be done to ensure that a journalist’s sources and data are secure and well? Grosso modo, the tips can be described as falling within the following categories:
- Securing on-device applications and functions- This is known as reducing the “attack surface”, i.e. limiting the installed apps to the bare minimum, installing only from trusted sources, selecting apps that require minimal rights, keeping the system fully patched and updated, and having as many security controls (based on recent best-practices white papers) on the device.
- Isolating your devices and/or their environment– For example, the physical insulation of a computer for the purpose of checking files, or the use of prepaid mobile devices.
- Acting cautiously both in the digital and real world- This has a lot to do with common sense and a little less to do with software: For example, never write down the name of the source, certainly not on any app or on any document that’s stored on your computer – and most certainly not on anything stored on the cloud.
2. Communicating with your source and
safeguarding the sensitive data
Let’s begin by listing what you can do when it comes to communicating with a source, and storing sensitive information obtained thereof:
- Beware of big names: Presume that large companies’ encryption systems and possibly even big name operating systems (proprietary software) have back doors that secret services in their country of origin (at least in the US and the UK) can access. Bruce Schneier, Security Expert, explains it here.
- Always encrypt everything: Security experts use simple math to make their point: as you raise the cost of decrypting your files (say, for intelligence agencies like the NSA), you automatically increase the degree of effort expended on following you. If you’re not Chelsea Manning, Julian Assange, or Edward Snowden and if you weren’t involved in active surveillance around Trump Tower apartments, They may give up the effort even if your encrypted communications were stored. And should anyone decide to track you despite your efforts, it will be more of a headache if you use strong encryption like AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) and tools like PGP or openVPN, which are the strongest widely available encryption methods (VPN’s are used by the US government itself).But if you want bullet-proof security, you will need more than the AES encryption method. P.S. if you want to discover the year your information landed at the NSA’s hands, just have a peek here.
- Perform full disk encryption: This is done just in case someone gets their hands on your computer or phone. Full disk encryption can be done using FileVault, VeraCrypt or BitLocker. Putting a computer to “Sleep” (instead of Shutdown or Hibernate) may allow an attacker to bypass this defense. Here, Mika Lee gives a complete guide for encrypting your laptop.
- Avoid chatting with sources on the phone: All phone companies store data related to the caller and the receiver’s numbers, as well as the location of the devices at the time calls were made. In the US and several other countries, they’re required by law to disclose information on registered calls in their possession.What can be done? You should use a secure call service, such as the one the Signal app – which was tested repeatedly for security – possesses. Although this may mean that both the source and the editor need to download the app as well, the process takes just a few minutes. Here is a guide on how to use it. Just for the hang of it, check out how many of your non-journalist friends are hanging out there.However you choose to communicate with your source, do not bring your mobile phone to sensitive meetings. Buy a disposable device and find a way to convey its number to the source in advance. The source needs to have a disposable safe device too. Authorities can track your movement through cellular network signals and it’s advised to make it harder on them to locate you retroactively in the exact same cafe where the source was sitting. If you fail to follow this rule, all local authorities will be required to do is ask (politely and legally) for the video filmed by the café’s security camera at the time of your meeting.
- Choose secure messengers: your calls (cellular ones and via landlines) can be monitored by law enforcement agencies and each SMS is like a postcard – all text is fully visible to those who may intercept it. Therefore, use Messengers that allow for secure end to end call: signal, which was already mentioned above, and Telegram are considered to be the safest (although Telegram as well as WhatsApp’s web apps were compromised once and then fixed). According to some experts, you can also consider using SMSSecure, Threema and even Whatsapp.The Signal Protocol has been actually implemented into WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and Google Allo, making conversations using them encrypted. However, unlike Signal and WhatsApp, Google Allo and Facebook Messenger do not encrypt by default, nor notify users that conversations are unencrypted – but offer end-to-end encryption in an optional mode. You should also keep in mind that Facebook messenger and WhatsApp are both owned by Facebook.Adium and Pidgin are the most popular Mac and Windows instant messaging clients that support the OTR (Off the Record) encryption protocol and Tor – the web’s best encrypted browser, which we will get to in detail later (See how to enable Tor in Adium here and in Pidgin here). Naturally, you could also use the Tor Messenger itself, which is probably the safest of them all.Two final notes on texting: A cyber security expert I’ve discussed this with, says you should also have a working hypothesis that text is encrypted but the fact that these specific two individuals are talking, at this present time, might not go unnoticed.The second note is you should also remember to delete the messages in your phone (although this may not be enough to withstand a forensic check), just in case your device falls in the wrong hands, to avoid exposing them.
- Do not use organizational chats: Slack, Campfire, Skype and Google Hangouts should not be used for private conversations. They are easy to break in, and are exposed to disclosure requests for courts use, to resolve legal issues at the workplace. Therefore, it’s best to avoid them, not only when it comes to conversations with sources, but also conversations between colleagues, editors, etc., when you need to pass information received from your source, whose identity must be kept under cover. Many popular VoIP services like Jitsi have built-in chat features, and several of them are designed to offer most of Skype’s features, which make them a great replacement.
- In extreme cases, consider using a Blackphone: This phone, which strives to provide perfect protection for web surfing, calls, text messages and emails, is probably the best substitute for a regular phone if you are about to topple your government or getting ready to publish secret military files. An anti-bullet vest may also come in handy. Alternatively, try to do without a cell phone, Or opt for a cellular phone RFID signal-blocking bag. There’s always an option that even the Blackphone can be tracked using its IMEI (the mobile phone’s ID).
- Protecting Data on your computer: It’s very easy to break regular passwords, but it can take years to break passphrases – i.e., random combinations of words. We recommend trying secure password management tools like: LastPass and 1Password and KeePassX. You’ll need to remember only one password, versus too many Passwords. And still, when handling important services such as your email, do not rely on password managers: Just make sure you remember the password.In an interview to Alastair Reid in journalism.co.uk, Arjen Kamphuis, an information security expert, recommended that for encrypted hard drives, secure email, and unlocking laptops, one should choose a password of over 20 characters. Of course, the longer the password, the harder it is to crack – but the harder it is to remember too. That’s why he recommends the use of a passphrase. “It can be anything, like a line of your favorite poetry,” Kamphuis says, “maybe a line from something you wrote when you were nine that no one else will know about”.Reid reports this thought provoking calculation, using the Gibson Research Corporation’s password strength calculator: A password like “F53r2GZlYT97uWB0DDQGZn3j2e”, from a random password generator, seems very strong, and indeed it is, taking 1.29 hundred billion trillion centuries to exhaust all the combinations even when the software is making one hundred trillion guesses per second.Screenshots from GRC.com, showing the difference in strength between a password and a passphraseThe phrase: “I wandered lonely as a cloud”, he points out, is so much easier to remember and is also more secure, taking the same software 1.24 hundred trillion centuries to exhaust all possibilities. Well, passphrase it will be.
- Two-factor authentication is also a very good idea. In a regular two-stage authentication you sign in with your password and receive a second code, often via a text message to your smartphone. You can use Yubikey, as well as hardware tokens to further secure sensitive files on your computer. For more information, read the 7 golden rules for password security.
- Assign a computer for inspecting suspicious files/attachments: The easiest way to distribute malware and spyware is through installation via USB or through attachments and email links. It is recommended therefore you use one air-gapped computer to examine these threats under quarantine. With this computer, you can freely use a USB and download files from the Internet, but do not transfer the files to your regular computer or re-use that USB.
- How to buy your own secured computer: Security expert Arjen Kamphuis recommends purchasing a pre-2009 IBM ThinkPad X60 or X61. These are the only modern enough laptops with modern software systems, which enable replacing low level software. Another point to take into account is that you should not buy your computer online, as it may be intercepted during delivery. Kamphuis recommends buying it from a second-hand store for cash. He also points out that you should abolish all connectivity: Remove all Ethernet, modem, Wi-Fi or Bluetooth capabilities. Personally, I know security experts who wouldn’t trust such a computer.
- Educating your Sources: It’s possible that by the time the original and valuable information reaches you, it’s already too late. Your source may have made every possible mistake, leaving behind a trail of evidence. But beyond the need to secure the information once it’s in your hands, you should strive to teach your sources how to hide the information: store it securely and communicate safely via safe devices. Most people have no clue how to handle sensitive information, and in general what they’re up against the moment they get in touch with you.
- Use a designated secure system for receiving documents: Replace Dropbox or Google Drive and use something less popular but more secure. For example, SecureDrop is a designated system allowing you to receive files from anonymous sources and to safely scan and check them. Edward Snowden described Dropbox as “hostile to privacy” and recommended Spideroak instead. OnionShare is another free service that allows transferring files easily and anonymously.
- Don’t keep notes: neither on a laptop, nor calendars or contact lists on your cellphone or computer or in the cloud – do not keep record of your sources name, initials, phone number, email or user name in messengers. Just don’t.
- Visual tracking: On the way to sensitive meetings, avoid using public transportation and guide your source to do the same. You should also avoid meeting places such as modern malls, where video cameras are spread all over the place.
- Evading social media: Some people prefer to opt for radical anonymity. If for some reason, you need to vanish from the face of the earth without leaving a fully blown profile behind on every social media, totally delete your accounts. It’s different from ‘deactivating’ them, a state in which all your info is stored and can be re-activated.
- Make friends among hackers: This will help you avoid big mistakes, save time and headaches and keep you up to date on the technological arms race.
- Payment method: Pay for everything in cash, consider using Bitcoins – buy them anonymously (use this Business Insider guide for that purpose) – and, if you have somebody willing to accept them at the other end of the transaction, use Dash. A pre-paid credit card from an online store is also an option.
- Scribble wisely: If you jotted down information on a piece of paper, what they used to call a note in the Precambrian world, destroy it. And don’t forget even that wrinkled one at the bottom of your pocket. Yes, right next to that gum.
3. How to become anonymous online
Beyond securing the communications with your source, and protecting possible breaches of the sensitive data you get hold of, you should also avoid being tracked while browsing. Online habits can disclose or provide hints as to the story you’re working on, or worse, hint or disclose the identity of your source. Here are the golden rules for surfing the net safely and then, at the next chapter, for securing your email account:
- Private browsing mode: There are two basic ways to maintain anonymity while surfing the web. The first, most basic and popular, yet insufficient way is to browse the information in private mode, an option that most browsers allow. Your browsing history will not be saved, and basic tracking technologies, which advertisers use, such as HTTP cookies, will be prevented from creating your detailed profile. But this is more of a nice to have privacy: It basically hides your browsing history from family members who can access your computer. Your IP address can still be monitored and information regarding all the sites you visited is still exposed to your ISP.
- Use alternative browsers: browsers, such as Dooble, Comodo Dragon or SRWare Iron, which focus on user privacy, are limited in capabilities. You can achieve a similar degree of privacy offered by these browsers simply by deleting cookies – bits of code which have been downloaded to your system by websites you visit, that monitor your activity and sometimes even follow which content you consume; Another way to remain anonymous is by neutralizing your browser’s location settings, and installing various features aimed at achieving anonymity. To check whether you disabled all cookies effectively, you can use the app CCleaner, which also handles Flash cookies, but none of these browsers are fully encrypted. The only standard browser that ensures total privacy is the Tor browser. Tor is ugly and slow, but it will protect you and your sources. The next section will give a more detailed account of it.
- TOR: This “notorious” browser, which was developed by the US Navy, allows you to operate in a hidden network, carry out private communications and set up web sites anonymously. Tor’s browser, which can be downloaded at Torproject.org, makes it very difficult to monitor your activities on the internet, or let governments or your ISP pinpoint your location. The only drawback is that it’s slow at times, a bit cumbersome – but that’s only because Tor routes you through three encrypted random relays around the world, before landing you at your destination site. You should also bear in mind that your neighbors may be shady characters.
Another option related to Tor is to download Whonix, a secure operating system that is focused on privacy. It works as an access gate to Tor, and only allows connections with Tor sites and users. But the most popular Tor OS is Tails (The Amnesiac Incognito Live System). Tails can be booted from a USB stick or DVD, and it anonymizes all information. Edward Snowden is considered a fan of this software. Qubes is another OS that supports Whonix and is recommended by Snowden.
- Alternative search engines: Google, the most popular search engine, saves your search history in order to optimize the results. To stop this personalization you should click on: Search Tools > All Results > Verbatim. Or you sign into your Google account on www.google.com/history, find a list of your previous searches and select the items you want to remove by clicking the ‘Remove Items’ button.
But to avoid being monitored entirely, it’s preferable to use a search engine such as DuckDuckGo. If you find it difficult to give up Google, download Searchlinkfix to at least keep away URL Trackers.
- Direct treatment of “short-term” computer memory: Another way to neutralize options for monitoring your surfing is by deleting the DNS (domain name system) cache. Deletion is done using simple commands in the operating system. Rebooting the router – which sometimes has a DNS cache – or rebooting the computer can also reboot both their respective DNS cache, if the router has one.
- Try to avoid HTML Web Storage: Web Storage is built into HTML5, and unlike cookies, the stored information is impossible to monitor or selectively remove. Web storage is enabled by default, so if you’re using Internet Explorer or Firefox, simply turn it off. You can also use the add-on Better Privacy for Firefox to remove the stored information automatically. The Click and Clean extension will do the same job for Google Chrome.
- Use a VPN: As I mentioned already, your ISP can monitor the sites you surf, and anyone who wants to eavesdrop on you, can also intercept your communications. To protect all incoming and outgoing communications, it’s important to make use of a VPN (For a complete explanation, click here). VPN encrypts all your communications, so that even the ISP or the secret services, or just hackers hovering around your favorite coffee shop’s Wi-Fi, won’t be able to know who you sent an email to, which service you used, etc.The use of a VPN is very common among people who, for example, wish to see the complete Netflix movies catalog outside of the United States, but not every VPN is suitable for journalists. A VPN for journalists won’t necessarily be the fastest one or have the best support, but it has to be trusted not to keep VPN logs – that is, it cannot determine who you are, what sites you’ve visited and so on.A safe VPN is bound to be provided by a company who’s not located at one of the “14 Eyes” countries, where intelligence networks are allowed to collect and share information with one another; firstly and foremost, in the USA. So VPN companies located in the territory of the former Soviet Union countries have an advantage. Their courts do not easily hand out orders to retrieve information collected by local companies, be it regarding their citizens or foreign nationals. Here you’ll find a list of 5 VPN services that stand out regarding privacy and all are located outside the “14 Eyes” countries.wBy the way, even if governments are out on the hunt for Traffic that is sheltered by a VPN, you can still use stealth VPNs like TorGuard, to confront the challenge, whether it is active government censorship or just spying you’re dealing with. Tor and VPN’s give you the perfect protection when someone is trying to retrieve your browsing history in order to profile you.
- Repair DNS leaks: Using a VPN does not protect you completely, because that DNS Traffic may hint at your identity. DNSLeakTest.com will allow you to detect such leakage. If the test shows that DNS is of your VPN, you can relax, but if it shows that the DNS is of your ISP, you are not anonymized. In this case you, check out what you can do here.
- Virtual Machines: This nifty little trick is actually a second (virtual) computer, which operates as an app in your operating system. You can download files or open links in a similar way to the isolated computer I recommended earlier, so that your computer is less exposed to malware or spyware of any kind. Virtualization software, like VirtualBox should be opened using a secure operating system. File downloading is done with the virtual machine Internet connection shut down; after using the file, you’ll need to delete it – and depending on your adversary, perhaps delete it along with the machine.
- Proxy server: As in the case of virtual machines, here too the activity moves to another “area” and allows you to keep safe from spying and other attacks. Actually, the proxy servers substitute your IP address with theirs, which can mislead people into thinking you’re in a different country, for instance. HideMyAss.com/proxy, Psiphon (open source) and JonDonym all provide a similar service. Some experts say that these should be used with a VPN and/or Tor for higher levels of security. But then, some experts I’ve talked to claim that if you bother using Tor, you’re as secured as one can be anyway.
4. Securing your email
How should you protect your e-mail? The problem with maintaining the confidentiality of emails is even tougher: Google and Microsoft will most likely just give out your emails to government agencies if and when required to do so. What should you do?
- Safe extensions: The simplest option, assuming you use common Web mail services such as Yahoo and Google, is to install the browser plugin Mailvelope, and make sure that the person on the receiving end does too. This extension simply encrypts (and decrypts) the e-mail. A similar but limited extension to Gmail called SecureGmail will perform a similar job. Emails that go through this extension are encrypted, and can’t be decrypted by Google. Another possibility is “Encrypted Communication”, which is a simple to use Firefox extension. For that you will need a password that the recipient has access to – but remember to never transmit the password by email.
- Secure email providers: Hushmail is an example of an email service that provides better security than the more common networks you use, but it may be forced to hand over emails to the US government under a court order, and it does log IP addresses. Another email service with similar features and security levels is Kolab Now, which prides itself amongst other things with storing data exclusively in Switzerland.
- Disposable Email Addresses (DEA’s): This is an email created ad hoc for a specific purpose, which is completely anonymous and is deleted immediately after use. This solution, commonly used when signing up for various services in order to avoid spam, is also a great solution for maintaining anonymity. However I wouldn’t advise journalists to communicate with their sources over it, because security is not its strongest trait. There are dozens of such temporary emails, but the British Guardian, for example, recommended Guerrilla Mail and Mailinator.Using Guerrilla Mail in the Tor Browser ensures that not even they can connect your IP with your email address. Likewise, if you use email encryption software, such as GnuPG, on Tor, you’re all set and secure. So, let’s talk a bit about email encryption.
- Encrypting your mail: Wired got this recommendation from Micah Lee, a privacy-focused technologist who worked with the EFF and First Look Media (here is an interview Lee held with Edward Snowden): Encrypting messages with webmail can be tough. It often requires the user to copy and paste messages into text windows and then use PGP to scramble and unscramble them (PGP – Pretty Good Privacy – is an encryption program that provides cryptographic privacy and authentication for data communication). That is why Lee suggests a different email setup, using a privacy-focused email host like Riseup.net, the Mozilla email app Thunderbird, the encryption plugin Enigmail, and another plugin called TorBirdy that routes its messages through Tor.As Reid pointed out in his interview with Kamphuis on journalism.co.uk, Greenwald almost lost the NSA story because he initially ignored Snowden’s instructions on email encryption. In other words, if you want a story that will go down in history it makes sense to be secure. Kamphuis agrees that PGP can be trusted. As he and Reid explain, with PGP encryption, you have a public key, like your public phone number, and a private key. The public key can go on Twitter biographies, business cards, websites and wherever else your work is publicized, but the private key must be stored securely, as with any other sensitive information. Then, when a source wants to send information, they will use your public key to encrypt their email, that only your private key can unlock.Kamphuis recommended the GNU Privacy Guard, an open-source version of PGP, that is simple to set up and has an active support community. For encrypting files, data and hard drives, he suggested consulting his free eBook, “Information security for journalists”, published with Silkie Carlo and released through the CIJ, which fully explains the process.If you do choose to encrypt the message itself regardless of your mail provider’s identity, using zip with a password is a good idea, and 7ZIP is a recommended tool for accomplishing that.
- Back to basics: Yes, I know that this is back to email security 101 – but please try to avoid phishing. Watch the “from” field in your email for little misspellings; someone else can pose as somebody you know.And one last word on email encryption: One of the real problems to bear in mind is that even after encrypting them, not everything is encrypted. The email addresses of the sender and recipient, the subject line and the time and date when the email was sent, are all out on the open. Attachments and the message itself are the only data that is encrypted.
5. Final words
These are perhaps the most radical pieces of advice I ran through, when preparing this eBook.
As Micah Lee put it when interviewed on privacy on WIRED: “If your computer gets hacked, the game is over. Creating a virtual sandbox around your online communications is a good way to keep the rest of your system protected. Tor is awesome and can make you anonymous. But if your endpoint gets compromised, your anonymity is compromised too. If you really need to be anonymous, you also need to be really secure”.
And Journalist Tony Loci puts it in even harsher words in an article published in an eBook about the future of cross border investigative journalism for the Nieman foundation at Harvard: “Some journalists, computer scientists and privacy advocates are so alarmed that they recommend reporters go old school… and rely on in-person interviews and snail mail”.
I hope I have helped people in the trade, and others, gather some information that will clarify what needs and can be done to ensure your and your source’s security in these hectic times.
6. List of Sources for This Book
- Security for journalists: How to keep your sources and your information safe
- Securing data, sources and yourself
- Surveillance and Security: Are reporters and news organizations doing enough to protect sources?
- Muckraking Goes Global: The Future of Cross-Border Investigative Journalism
- The Ultimate Guide for Online Privacy
- What Is a DNS Cache?
- How to Anonymize Everything You Do Online
- 19 ways to stay anonymous and protect your online privacy
- Edward Snowden explains how to reclaim your privacy
- Information security for journalists: staying secure online
- NSA targets the privacy-conscious
- Obama DOJ formally accuses journalist in leak case of committing crimes
- Your WhatsApp secrets are safe now. But Big Brother is still watching you…
- Obama Pursuing Leakers Sends Warning to Whistle-Blowers
- 6 encryption mistakes that lead to data breaches
Good summary by a retired banker on the Liberals’ trickery with BC Hydro in an effort to “balance” the budget. posted July 24/17
The bill would impose fines up to $250,000 on any US citizen ‘engaged in interstate or foreign commerce’ who supports a boycott of Israeli goods and services. […]
The value of assets seized through asset forfeitures has skyrocketed. In 2014, the government seized over $5-billion in assets compared to the $3.5 billion stolen from citizens by burglars. Civil asset forfeiture violates due process under the Fifth Amendment. […]
A Green Beret working with the CIA blew the whistle and leaked details of the CIA’s use of jihadists to overthrow Syrian President Assad. The CIA was interested only in toppling Assad and allowed ISIS to grow. […]
Trump to shut down the CIA’s program to arm rebels trying to overthrow Assad’s Syrian government. Most of the Syrian rebels are loyal to al Qaeda and ISIS. […]
The National Collegiate Student Loan Trusts (NCSLT), a group of 15 trusts for private student loans, has misplaced the paperwork that proves it owns $5-billion in student debt. […]
A leaked White House memo shows Clinton and Yeltsin had agreed to support each other in their respective reelection bids. The memo says that, if Yeltsin lifted the ban against poultry imports from the US, it would help Clinton’s campaign. […]
Teen Vogue’s target audience is age 11 through 17. In the first ten days, Mom’s video to boycott the magazine was shared over ten-million times. […]
Sweden (and most of the world) is in the grip of collectivism, with various factions vying with each other, not over beliefs, but over who will hold power. […]
Trump Gets Revenge After Catching Obama & Lynch Committing Felonies With ‘Russian Hottie’ posted July 18/17
Barack Obama (left) Natalia Veselnitskaya (middle) Loretta Lynch (right)
— Melissa Riley (@honeybee7885) July 14, 2017
Veselnitskaya and Akhmetshin seem part of a setup designed to create grounds for a FISA warrant on the Trump campaign pic.twitter.com/fvUJuvVvRR— Jack Posobiec (@JackPosobiec) July 14, 2017